My Right of Passage

By T-Rah


Look at me...I have officially become my Mother's daughter. This is my Right of Passage: I bought fake fruit!


My Mom has fake fruit always! No, it's not plastered everywhere in her house. She is so amazing with cute decorations for all the seasons and holidays and fake fruit happens to be some of them. I don't think I will ever forget her cute fake cherries she would put in a bowl on the kitchen counter. They were so bright and yummy looking (even though I don't like cherries). But, I think the main reason I won't forget them is for the several people who actually thought they were real and tried to eat them. Seriously, I'm talkin' "stuck-one-in-their-mouth-and-had-to-spit-it-out" tried to eat them. ESPECIALLY my Grandpa A. He is so adorable. But it seemed like every time he came over he would reach down and pop one in his mouth. It happened to often that after awhile he would come over and reach for one...hesitate...then put his hand on his belly and just stare at the cherries wishing them to be real! Such a mean trick, Mom! haha


Anyway, I was hoping my Mom's gift for decorating would just be in my genes...but it turns out it's an acquired talent...what the!?!?!? I. Am. Clueless. So...for the fall I figured a good place to start was by getting fake fruit. I'm not going to lie and say I'm not totally proud of myself for how cute my table looks every time I walk by it. I know it is something so simple and easy...but like I said I'm clueless so this is TRUELY a big step for me....a step into my true Womanhood. HAHAHA!!!


 

6 comments so far.

  1. Shelese October 1, 2008 at 6:00 PM
    That is dang cute. You're right!
  2. Shez October 2, 2008 at 8:46 PM
    Yeah Tirra,
    Ihave full faith in you and your creative abilities! Good job--so bright and pretty on that great table of yours! Love Mom
  3. Sharie October 4, 2008 at 5:34 PM
    I totally have the same fruit! Yours looks so fall-ish with all the leaves aroud it; very cute! Isn't it funny the stuff we get excited about now....I couldn't have imagined myself giving a crap about decorating 10 years ago!
  4. Melissa October 9, 2008 at 11:03 AM
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU HAVE FAKE FRUIT !!!!!!!
  5. T-Rah October 9, 2008 at 12:27 PM
    Shut it Moh! It's cute!
  6. GeNee October 25, 2008 at 10:30 PM
    I like your pretty table arrangement. It looks so pretty.

Something to say?