Bosom Buddies

By T-Rah

Well, Riley did my 2nd 5k with me. :) He was a good sport. I found out late last night that my town was doing a walk/run for breast cancer. We showed up late and had to hurry and pay and get outside to start the run...before I got to the designated area, I heard someone over the sound system count down and say "go!". Crap.

All the runners were ahead of the walkers so I had to try to weave my way through TONS of people before I could try running. :) My time wasn't great but it was really fun!

The best was seeing all the people and how excited they were to be their. My top 2 have to be 1) the old ladies with pink bras over their shirts...put on backwards with glitter writing on the cups that said "bosom buddies." I saw that one at the beginning of the race . After I loaded Riley and me in the car, I was pulling out and noticed and older couple with raglan T-shirts with a picture of 2nd base...and the quote said "SAVING SECOND BASE!" It took me a sec to realize they were talking about boobs...and I started laughing hysterically. What the?!




 

7 comments so far.

  1. Stephanie Johnson October 13, 2008 at 11:13 AM
    Tirra- This is Stephanie Swendsen (Johnson) by the way- anyways found your blog on our reunion website and first I want to say that I think you are still georgeous as I remember second I can't believe you are married to Guy- really you make a cute couple who would have thought- how fun to start catching up with everyone.
  2. Kelli October 21, 2008 at 1:52 PM
    OK, you are a crazy person, with all your 5k's and such. I'm so impressed!
    Although I have to say I'm disappointed you weren't sporting your pink bra along with the "bosom buddies." I LOVE that.
  3. Sharie October 30, 2008 at 7:32 PM
    Very impressive! I bet you feel amazing when you cross that finish line! Someday I'll talk my fat a-- into doing one!
    I'm headed to Colorado Springs next weekend; aren't you close??
  4. Mike and Shannele November 9, 2008 at 9:09 AM
    Tirra! I found you! Its been forever! You look great and your family is adorable! Its good to know that you are on here and that we can keep in touch somehow now! :)
  5. B-Blogit November 18, 2008 at 12:54 PM
    Ive been missing out on the whole blog so I have a lot of reading to do!!
  6. Unknown November 18, 2008 at 8:23 PM
    Hey Tirra, Crazy after seeing you in the ward I was blog hopping along and came upon your blog. You have such a cute little boy, and I must say I'm addicted to twilight and sytycd 2, miss dance a lot. Well it'll be a lot of fun having you in our ward.
  7. Alicia November 20, 2008 at 8:21 AM
    I love this post. That is so fun that you were able to do that. I am always excited to see what you are up to. Tell us about your new house!

Something to say?