SYTYCD Concert!

By T-Rah





While I was at Shelese's, my parents and sister Moh, my niece Jessi and our friend Sally got to go to the SYTYCD concert! We are all major freaks of the show and it is so amazing to watch how talented the dancers are in ALL styles of dance (okay, my Dad isn't a freak about it...but he is a good sport). I was still so amazed even though I've watched them repeatedly on my DVR. :) It was really fun watching it with my family; laughing and making wide-eye expressions. It was so fun to look over at my Mom and see her get jazzed about crazy boy Mark's Bohemian Raphsody dance...and Gev's breaking of all things. Just to see her look over and smile and clap extra hard got me even more excited about being there with her. And to look over at my Dad after Joshua and Chelsea danced their Argentine Tango and he'd have his signature smirk and twinkle in his eye that seems to say "gee" and "cool" and "wow" and "i'm tickled pink" and "how can he do that with no ballroom training" all at the same time. I love that smirk: especially when it reminds me of times in my childhood when he gave that look to me or any of my siblings. It always made me feel like I conquered the impossible! :) And sitting in the middle of Moh and Shelese was a joy as always: to be able to look to either side of me and laugh and say "holy crap!" and dance along, and roll our eyes and the annoyingly desparate girls behind us that would yell "will! have my babies." And to see my little niece Jessi look at them and glare (she's only 6...but she already has the Archibald female trait of having ZERO tolerance for stupid, immature girls...I'm so proud! :).








And a BIG thanks to Erik for watching Riley the Monster so I could go while Guy was out of town! You are crazy...but very sweet to do that for me.





And I HAVE to mention the Guitar Hero hours with Erik and Shelese. I left my Xbox with them ON THE CONDITION that Erik would practice so he could give me some good competition. :) :) He and Shelese were fun to watch because Erik would be all into with playing...and Shelese would be all into dancing and singing!! I'm going to have to learn how to put videos on this so you can see her freak-side. It was awesome. She'd dance and sing through the whole song and when it was over she'd notice that Erik beat her and she'd say "I suck again!" But when the next song would start she just start booty shakin and singing along! Awesome.....





I had so much fun with Sha-Ducky and her fam. Thanks for putting up with us for 5 days!!! And thanks Mom, Dad, and Moh for playing with us too!

Note to Self: dance concert + annoying girls = headache + urge to take anger management. next time, bring earplugs.







 

3 comments so far.

  1. Shelese September 26, 2008 at 12:33 PM
    That was all sooo much fun!! Thanks for staying with us we will have to do it again soon!

    How can anyone NOT sing and funk out to Aerosmith on guitar hero? "Love in and Eleva-tah...", "She told me to WALK THIS WAY...". Such jammin songs. Thanks for sharing it with us!
  2. Kelli September 26, 2008 at 1:32 PM
    You guys crack me up. What is this concert? This is the second blog I have looked at today that has mentioned it. I think I'd like it. I love watching dancing.
    As for guitar hero, I can certainly give you some competition, my dear. :)
  3. Jason Harris September 30, 2008 at 1:04 PM
    Hey my little laaaaaaamb! I don't know if you'll notice my little note, but I had to say how cute your little man is! But what do you expect, look at his mom! I hate to brag, but I have been lucky enough to dance. It's not cometative or performance, but I am testing to certify to be an official judge. It is quite fun to get jiggy with it! I miss you tons! Please letme know when you are in town! I promise I'll see you better than I did! But hey, if you do ever go to NY or LA, let me know, I would love to tag along! Email me sometime, mharris@ida.net
    Luv Michelle Harris

Something to say?