Summer Summer

By T-Rah







Wow! I can't believe how fast this summer is flying by...too fast!! We've had a lot of fun this summer, but we're wishing it would last longer so we can maybe relax a little too! :)

In May we moved back to Colorado (since our house didn't sell)...so we had a bunch of home projects: Guy gutted our master bath and put in new tile and a new vanity, while I painted the bathrooms upstairs and cleaned the carpets. :) We've been enjoying our home (and the hot tub!) but we still have projects we'd like to get start AND finish...all in good time I guess. :)





We soon learned after we moved that Riley could climb out of his crib, so we had to get him a new bed and dressers. I opted for some locker type drawers since they were $40 rather than $150+ for a dresser. lol I think they are really cute, and I can use them later in a mud room, or toy room after Riley grows out of them...but Guy asked "why the crap did you get those?" I told him to stop talking. :)






We went to Idaho for a few weeks. Guy's Grandma and Uncle past away on the same day. We we so sad to see them go. I personally didn't know his Uncle as well, but his Grandma was such a sweetie and we miss her terribly. We also want Grandpa to know how great he is and we are thinking of him always!


Before we left we went boating with the Hancock Clan. It was nice to play and relax on the dock. Guy brought his fishing pole and I caught one...actually Guy just let me reel it in. But, that still counts. :)





For the Fourth of July we went to Pueblo with our friends Juan and Valerie, and went boating for most of the weekend! The water was so warm and the weather was hot! Riley fed the ducks and geese with Valerie and we went on a paddle boat. Riley had a lot of fun. And when Riley has fun...so does everybody else. lol A perfect way to spend the holiday. :)





When we got back we had my sis Mandy and her family visit. They lived in Florida and drove cross-country to visit family before they moved to Japan for 3-4 years. We had a lot of fun with them, playing guitar hero, boating, seeing the sights, and of course, relaxing. :)



Guy went to work for a week and when he got back his brother Jon, his wife Ashley, and their little girl Brynlee came from Des Moines for a week. We had so much fun with them seeing the sites (Ouray was awesome, I hadn't been there since we've been back and I forgot how much I love that place!) and playing games! Ashley beat us all on Guitar Hero so I'm going to have to keep practicing. It was the best watching Guy and Jon play...they were the closest competitors, it made for a good match. That, and they both dance when they play. :) It was also really fun to have Riley and Brynlee play together. They were cute. Only a few fights...but what can you expect with a couple kids pushing 2. :)












After they left, Guy went back to work and I flew to Idaho to spend a little more time with my family before Mandy moved. It was so nice, everyone was able to be there (except for Guy of course), even my sister Shelese who just had a baby a few weeks ago. Her little boy is so adorable...but that's a given when you look at all of her children. ;) We went to the zoo, and boating, and of course played at Grandma's house...the grandkids had so much fun together...which was nice for us adults. :)





I was going to fly back home on Monday, but Guy called and said he needed to come to Idaho for some business errands. So I'm waiting for him to show up and Riley and I will drive home with him. But, I guess it's good timing because my Mom's side of the family is having a reunion this weekend in Utah, so maybe we can hit that on our way. We haven't seen all of them in awhile. Well I think that's quite enough pictures for one day. Thanks to our friends and family who put up with us! We sure enjoy your company!!
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Shelese July 29, 2008 at 5:34 PM
    Awesome photos!! Thanks for saying my kids are adorable, that's of course debatable but nice of you to say nonetheless ;)
    Can't wait to see you again Saturday!!
  2. Ashley Hancock July 30, 2008 at 12:06 PM
    Wow! You guys make our life seem so uneventful!! Thanks for sharing the pics! Cute! We had a blast too by the way!
  3. Melissa July 31, 2008 at 3:22 PM
    We do have cute babies in our family. I sure am bored right now...

Something to say?